Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, May 2, 2011

Our 1-month anniversary!







Brandon and I have had some debate over whether our anniversary was Saturday (28 days/4 weeks) or today, May 2nd. I think it was Saturday, but I don't mind celebrating both days. ;-)

We had a great weekend! Friday night, Brandon took me back to the place we went the night he proposed. It's a really neat place called McMenamin's/Kennedy School in Portland. It's a historic school that was turned into a hotel, gourmet restaurant and movie theater. We ate dinner in the courtyard (which was perfect!) and then we saw a movie. It was very fun!

Saturday, we went to our fav Mexican restaurant for lunch and then we headed out of town to Astoria, about 2 hours from here. The Columbia River flows between Oregon and Washington and eventually empties into the ocean. Astoria is where the river meets the ocean. It was so beautiful!

On Sunday, we ate the special breakfast and spent the day bashing around Astoria. We rode the trolley (something I love doing... we rode a trolley in Sedona, AZ on our honeymoon, too!). We went to the Astoria Column and got 360 degree views of the city. Then, we did something really neat. I read a Christian romance book last year. The author lives off the Long Beach peninsula, about 30 minutes from Astoria. The love story took place in Ocean Park & Oysterville, Washington. Brandon wanted me to see the little towns where the story took place. I loved that book & it was really neat to see the locations! :) I was a very happy girl!

We had a seafood dinner at a cool place in Ocean Park. Then, we stopped for dessert at our new favorite restaurant on our way back through Astoria. We got home last night around 10:30 pm. It was a great weekend!

I will try to attach another link to show pictures from the weekend. I will attach a few of my favs for now.

Pic #1: Brandon and me at McMenamin's in Portland Friday night

Pic #2: One of the lighthouses we saw this weekend, called North Head Light in Ilwaco, WA

Pic #3: Brandon and me at the restaurant called "Baked Alaska". We also ate Baked Alaska for the 1st time!

Pic #4: Brandon hated that bamboo stalk, so I took his picture with it. He looks so cute!

Pic #5: The view from our private balcony at the bed & breakfast

Have a great week!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

what was the book called?

Melanie said...

Hey, Kim! I'm glad you are doing well and are getting settled into your new life!!! That's a beautiful part of the country...and you guys are blessed to be there with each other! I love you, girl. Let me know how you're doing, ok?? I miss you.

Oh! And Cameron will be 13 in 8 days...hard to believe, huh??