Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Husband Phenomenon...

There is a husband phenomenon that I learned about from Candice after she first got married. I remember when she said she didn't realize Todd was that funny until after they were married. To carry it even further, she collected data on his funniness (I should say she's a statistician with the USDA so collecting data is what she does for a living). She tracked both of them and their funny episodes and Todd ended up being funnier than she was (and anyone who knows Candice knows she is HILARIOUS).

So... lately, my mild-mannered, sweet, cuddly husband has turned into a HILARIOUS, sassy, funnyman. Several times lately I've caught myself saying, "Honey, that's the funniest thing you've ever said!" :) He is cracking me up on a daily basis. I wish I had been keeping data on his funniness. I can't remember all the funny stuff lately, but we both have been laughing our heads off, wheezing, coughing and bending over with laughter.

Ok, here is info you need: I got a special low-fat/calorie cookbook for Christmas that I asked my parents to order for me. I've been experimenting with a variety of recipes. I've discovered some delicious ones and some not-so-tasty ones. Yesterday I made some homemade cupcakes that are average with homemade dark fudge icing that is SO DELICIOUS!!! The cupcakes tasted good but were really dry. Not hard... just dry. Our oven cooks like a furnace. Anyways, dry cupcakes with OUT OF THIS WORLD chocolate icing.

Now, for the story...This morning we went out for breakfast. As we were leaving the restaurant, Brandon (the chocoholic) said, "I'm wanting some chocolate." I said, "You can eat another one of those cupcakes I made yesterday." And my funny husband said, "You mean the BRICKS with chocolate icing?" I pretended to be offended while I was laughing. I said, "Why don't you run in the store and get some chocolate?" He looked at me and said, "Nah... I can just lick the brick." :)

Here he is, in all his splendor, about 20 minutes ago, licking the brick...

2 comments:

Candice Craig said...

Lick the brick? NICE!
p.s. don't count funnies. Todd always told me that it ruined the funny moment when I would count it and then if he really is funnier than you, it will make you angry and sad!

Unknown said...

lol...that is hilarious! i laughed outloud!!