Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

How did I get so old???

Today I am 37. I can't believe it. I have vivid memories of junior high and high school, even some from elementary school. Is it possible that I graduated from high school over 19 years ago? Time seems to fly these days.

Last night, I met Brandon for dinner at Red Robin. :) I got a free hamburger and sundae for my birthday. As I was driving home, I was listening to the 80's station on my Sirius radio. I was very glad to hear Journey sing "Open Arms" from 1982. Then, one of my favorite 80's songs came on... "Broken Wings" by Mr. Mister. Outloud I said, "YES!" and sort of laughed to myself. That song takes me back to 6th grade, in the Spring of 1986, when I used to spend the night with my friend Wendy Slaydon. Wendy had a 45 record of "Broken Wings". Ohhhh yes... we used to sit in her room and listen to records. Wendy and I ended up being roommates in the dorm at UT in 1992. Time really flies.

I don't know where the time goes, but I have been blessed with good friends and family and lots of happy memories. :) Love you all!

1 comment:

Lorie&Shane said...

Happy birthday! Birthday buddy! I hope you had as great a day as I did!!q