Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Heat dome

I just read these articles on Yahoo news:

http://news.yahoo.com/heat-dome-traps-much-us-pressure-cooker-093241732.html

http://news.yahoo.com/heat-wave-wintry-states-wish-december-083604332.html

We don't have cable tv, so I haven't seen weather forecasts for the nation. However, my mom keeps me informed. Also, on my iPhone, I check the weather app every morning for Camas, WA (where we are), Huntsville, TX (my parents) and Raleigh, NC (where Candice lives). I know it's been hot.

My parents say that the Pacific Northwest is the only portion of the country that hasn't been affected by the "heat dome". I'm thankful for that because we don't have central air conditioning. Brandon bought a really neat portable air conditioner for our bedroom, but we haven't really needed it yet. It's only been 80 degrees 2 or 3 times this year. And when the sun goes down, the temps drop and the house cools down.

Every morning when I wake up, our lows are between 53 and 56 degrees. I have one of those indoor/outdoor thermometers on my nightstand. I like knowing the temp! :) We sleep with the windows open upstairs. In fact, we leave the upstairs windows open all the time. I usually have the downstairs windows open during the day.

Brandon & I sat on our patio/deck one evening this week and I sat out there a little while this evening. I told him, "I love this weather! This is like November in Texas." He knows this is true because he lived in Texas from 1996-2004. He also lived in San Antonio when he was a child when his dad was stationed at the Air Force base there. So, he appreciates the nice weather like I do! :)

I went to downtown Portland today to have my hair highlighted & cut. I walked around a little and ate lunch. Our high today was 70. I think the high yesterday was 64 degrees here. It's wonderful! In fact, as I type this, there's a cool breeze blowing through the house and I've been cold most of the day.


Never fear... the next time I wash it, it will be curly again. It's just nice like this for a change.


My stylist always fixes my hair straight (like my great, longterm stylist Shannon in Texas did). I LOVE my new stylist! I am so thankful that I've found someone good up here. Melissa did my hair for the 1st time before I flew home for the wedding. She is a great girl. She's super-sweet and her parents are the pastors at the church where Brandon's parents have gone for years. And I LOVE the salon in Portland. It has a great atmosphere. I really enjoy going. It has a spa-like environment and they really pamper you.

Hope you all are staying cool... Love from Washington State :)

No comments: