Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, July 1, 2011

Friday=Furniture Day

Today was the big day! I left our house at 6:35 am to travel in the Portland morning commute. Traffic wasn't bad at all! It usually takes me almost an hour to get to Tualatin. But, this morning, I reached the destination at 7:22 am. I didn't have to arrive until 8 am. So, I sat at McDonald's and worked on my iPhone.

It was 48 degrees when I left our driveway this morning (in my capri pants and flip-flops...YEP). The high got to 76 today! It was sunny and gorgeous! A perfect day for moving...

Rosalind's daughter met me at the house at 8. The moving truck came at 8:20. The loading started at 8:30. It took them until 11 am to get everything loaded. I couldn't believe how long it took, but they were padding and taping everything. I went with the "top rated moving company in Portland". They did pretty good, I think. There are a few scratches, but I'm not sure if they were there already.

We drove 45-50 minutes to Washougal and the unloading began. They didn't finish until 1:50 pm. Whew! It seemed like a long day. Those poor guys were sweating and grunting, carrying all the solid wood furniture down the stairs at Rosalind's house and up the stairs at our house. We really got our money's worth. The movers kept commenting on how nice the furniture was. I know they had to be dying. I couldn't believe how much they sweated, especially with the temperature being so low.

I'll have to take some better pictures, but this is all I had a chance to get today. The lighting wasn't right. I'll try again during the weekend.


The 2 new chairs in the living room match the pillows on the new couch! :) Love it!




I took this pic while the movers were attaching the mirror to the dresser in our master bedroom. There is a chest and 2 nightstands that go with the set. We haven't attached the headboard & foot board to the bed yet. Those pictures will have to come later.


I had trouble getting a good picture of the dining room. Brandon has those long-lasting, fluorescent light bulbs in the chandelier and it's so bright it messes up the pictures. Also, the windows were creating back-lighting. Oh well!



We have another leaf that we can put in the table for special occasions. Actually, we can take out the middle piece that's in the table right now and it makes the table really cute. I kinda like it small. We will have to experiment. I didn't know how well the hutch and table would fit, but I think it's just right! :)

Now... the next project approaches... unpacking all my boxes from Texas! :) That will be a work in progress.

:)Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Abe said...

The furniture looks beautiful, Kim. I can't wait to see it in person! :)