Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Random things...

First of all, our marriage counter at the bottom of the blog says we've been married 2 months and 2 weeks today! :) Yay!!! Time is really flying...


I got my birthday present early from my parents this week. A BEAUTIFUL University of Texas diploma frame (I capitalized BEAUTIFUL for my 2 close girlfriends who graduated from texas a&m univ. They will enjoy that... ha,ha!). It really is pretty, with a burnt orange suede matte and a gold longhorn head. Nice! My old diploma frame had been damaged several times in my moves. So, after 14 years, I decided to ask for a new one. :)

Next on the list of "things"... Brandon's birthday is June 23rd. Yesterday, I got to shop for a "Husband Birthday" card for the 1st time! Yay!!! :) I'm having fun!


Another random thing... My parents keep a very clean house. Their favorite cleaning tool is a Swivel Sweeper. Normally, they buy one for $40 at Bed, Bath & Beyond. I found it at Ross tonight for $25!!!! I bought 2 for that price! :) I love deals!


And lastly... I can't get over the weather and conditions here. For instance, the sun doesn't completely set until around 9:45 pm. It's so crazy to see light in the sky until almost 10 pm. Brandon & I both comment on it almost every day. It still amazes him, too. :)

This morning when I woke up, it was 49 degrees outside and our heater was running. Brandon leaves the heater on 64 and never moves it. Seriously... I can't believe how cold it was today on June 16th. The high reached 69, but it was still kinda chilly in the shade at school today. There's always a strong wind/breeze here, especially at our house and B's parents' house because we both live on hills on the edge of the gorge.


I took this picture this morning. It's the view out of our water closet window. You can see our neighbor's roof. Sunny & 49 in the Evergreen State... Gotta love it!!! :)

No comments: