Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, June 4, 2011

:) I'm a good wife!



As an early SURPRISE birthday present for Brandon, I arranged for a yard makeover. Our yard was really overgrown and had an insane amount of weeds. I found a really great company who removed all the weeds and manicured our yard. They did flower bed cleanup and weeding, decorative tree pruning, bark dust bedding and a major weed knock-down on the back and sides of the house.

Brandon & I left the house this morning at 8:30 am. The yard team arrived at 10 am. We got home about 2:30 to see our cleaned up place. It was fun to anticipate the surprise!

The yard company didn't lay out new bushes/plants. They just cleaned up our existing landscaping. Brandon thinks it looks GREAT and now we might go buy some decorative plants and enhance the backyard & front beds. We don't really have a "backyard", it's more of a "path".

I wish I would have taken "before pictures" of the front. I'm almost never alone to do it and since it was a surprise, I didn't want to tip Brandon off. Surprises are great! :)

Our front door is on the side of the house. This is a view down the side. It was weedy & ugly. Now it's just dirt and mulch. Nice!



We have an "L" shaped back porch/deck. It's great. Half of it is covered and half isn't. Anyways, the side-path wraps around the house and deck to the back.


This is the view of the back of our house. I love our kitchen "pop-out" breakfast nook.


Like I said, it's not a lot of "yard", but I'm so excited that the yard cleanup has been done! :)

No comments: