Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Baby Fawn

My parents live in a large neighborhood on the edge of Sam Houston National Forest in Huntsville, TX. Deer roam freely year round. It's not uncommon for a herd of 17-21 deer to run through my parents backyard. Sometimes they lay down in the yard and take naps.

My dad sent this picture to me last week. The does all had their fawns in May and early June. This is the tiniest one we've ever seen. It's so small, it looks like a chihuahua. So sweet! It rested all day by their back porch in the shade.


Speaking of animal babies, I think "my cows" here are going to have some calves any day! I can't wait to watch the baby cows! :)

After I typed this, I was looking out the dining room window toward the farmer's property. I saw a fat, brown bunny rabbit hopping around in the field. I love animals!

No comments: