Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, February 14, 2011

Two days of Happy Valentines...

I have had a wonderful 2 days with my very first Valentine. :)This year was very special for both of us. We decided to celebrate officially last night (Sunday). Brandon took me to an elegant restaurant called Stanford's on Jantzen Beach (it's on Hayden Island on the edge of Portland). We decided we would be smart and skip the Valentine's Day crowds.

Dinner was delicious! I got Dungeness Crab Cakes and Brandon had seafood mixed grill skewers on orzo pasta. It was really good. We took some cute pictures in the dim lighting. It was very romantic!

Then, we went to the restaurant next door for dessert! :) We got a triple chocolate Ghiradelli dessert! Chocolate ice cream with Ghiradelli chunks on top of a big, hot, chocolate-chocolate chip cookie. And there was a big piece of Ghiradelli chocolate on top. Yum! My boy loves chocolate... :)

So, I thought we had celebrated last night, even though I was saving his 3 Valentine's Day cards from me until today (Monday). Today I subbed in this school district for the 1st time. I had a really great day! Brandon came and picked me up for my lunch break. And after school got out, I walked out to the car and there was a bouquet of pretty red and white carnations on my car seat with a card! I was so excited! :)

Tonight, we tried to go to a German restaurant here, but the wait was insane, so we left. We went to a quaint little Italian restaurant called Leonardo's. There were only about 10 people in the whole restaurant. It was so romantic and quiet! We really enjoyed tonight, too. :)

This was the best Valentine's Day(s) that I've ever had! :) I am thankful to God for my special Valentine man... I never knew I could be loved this way.

No comments: