Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, November 17, 2011

One year ago tonight...

My future husband was getting on a plane to fly to Texas. Brandon went to his Thursday night masters degree class and got out at 10 pm. His non-stop flight was for 11:30 pm. He landed in Texas at 5:30 am. I was waiting at the airport to pick him up. :-) We then started our 10-day visit, getting to know each other in person.

On Friday morning, Nov. 19th, Brandon came walking out of Bush Intercontinental airport in Houston around 5:45 am. We drove to the Cracker Barrel in Conroe and had breakfast. Then, we drove up Interstate 45 to Huntsville for Brandon to meet my parents. We visited with them for about an hour & a half. We needed to get on the road toward Dallas because we were going to a concert that evening.

We drove my car to Dallas and had lunch with some of Brandon's good friends that he used to work with when he lived there. It was great meeting people who knew him and loved him so well. It was very interesting meeting them and hearing stories. I met awesome Christian people who were very interested in meeting me, as well, because they cared about Brandon so much and wanted God's best for him.

Friday night, we ate dinner with another good friend named Crystal and went to a Steve Green concert. It was really beautiful and special. Afterward, Brandon stayed with Paul & Gloria at SMU and I stayed at Crystal's apartment. Crystal is AWESOME and for anyone who knows Denise Lormand-Hagee, Crystal reminds me of Denise. AN AWESOME WOMAN OF GOD... I loved staying with her and soaking up inspiration.

I will walk down memory lane on my blog this week. I can't believe it's been a year already... Time flies! :-)

No comments: