Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Funny things...

I've meant to blog some funny things, ever since Halloween. These are just some things that have made me laugh lately.



On Halloween night, Brandon & I had the cutest little trick-or-treater. He was probably 3 years old and he was dressed in a big, puffy, blue & red Spiderman outfit. He was little & short. I opened the front door and he was just standing there. I exclaimed, "Oh my goodness! Who are you???!!" (which in itself is hilarious, because clearly, he was Spiderman). He tilted his little head almost straight up to look at me through his mask, and with a lisp said, "I'm Pide-uh-man" (That's Brandon's favorite Halloween memory! He loves me to say it like that little boy said it). :-) So cute!

So, I'm gushing over how cool he looks and digging in my candy bowl when the little boy remembers to say "Twick-O-Tweet". ;-) Brandon also loves this. We wish we had a picture of that little boy. He was so cute!

Our good neighbor-friends across the street turned their garage into a haunted house that was AMAZING. Our neighbor, Staci, is very talented and creative. Their 15-year old son had a football game that night, so Staci and her daughter operated the haunted house. Brandon & I went over and walked through it. It was awesome!

We passed out candy from 6:30-8:30 pm. So, around 9 pm, I went to the front window in our house and looked out to see if any more kids were coming. What I saw instead was a 6-FOOT GORILLA jump out in the street in front of a mini-van, scratching & jumping like gorillas do. Oh my gosh, people... I laughed and laughed... It was our neighbor's son, Peyton. He got home from his football game and put on a gorilla suit. So hilarious... He's a big kid, too. The gorilla looked real! The minivan belonged to some neighbors down the street. I bet that man had a heart attack when a huge gorilla jumped in front of his van. Peyton let the minivan pass and then he took off running down the street. I really enjoyed watching that little episode. Very funny...

Here are a couple of funny little things...


This year was the first time I've ever carved a pumpkin! I didn't plan ahead and buy special candles for lighting the pumpkin. So, I grabbed the only 2 small candles I had and put them in the pumpkin. I had 2 small jar candles with the scent of "Buttercream Cupcakes". They smelled DELICIOUS! People said you could smell the candles from the street. So... during the trick or treating, a little boy (probably in 2nd-3rd grade) was leaving my porch after getting his candy. He walked past my pumpkin and yelled to his mother on the street, "OH MY GOSH!!! THIS PUMPKIN SMELLS SO GOOD!!!!!" :-) It made me laugh!

One night last week, we drove through McDonald's for a large Diet Coke. We pulled up to the window and a young guy passed the Diet Coke out the window and turned away. There was no straw. Brandon & I looked at each other and waited. Finally, the boy turned around and Brandon asked for a straw. As Brandon pulled away from the window, he said, "Wow, that guy was a few fries short of a Happy Meal!" :-) It made me LAUGH! It was especially funny since we were leaving McDonalds.

Something that just happened tonight... Brandon has a tendency to leave things in the floor; and not just in the floor, but in the PATHWAY. And Kim Ray has the tendency to never look DOWN when she's walking. So, earlier today, I tripped on the small fan on the floor beside my bed. We laughed and Brandon said, "Hun, I don't want to lose you prematurely. I'd hate to have to put "If she'd only looked down..." on your tombstone." :-) That made me roll with laughter! Then, tonight, I was walking around the bed toward the bathroom and I tripped on Brandon's pants that were on the floor, right in the path to the bathroom. I got so mad! And he laughed and laughed... :-) I don't look down!!!

This is the Boo Bash link, but I just added Halloween pictures to it. Click on the picture of Ethan and then scroll down to the bottom to see the new pics...

Boo Bash 2011

No comments: