Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Fun & busy October!



We have a very busy calendar for the month of October. There are a lot of fun things happening. First of all, I got reunited with an old friend of mine from Orange, TX. I found out she lives in Vancouver, Wa, about 30 minutes away! We just started going to a Bible study together on Tuesday nights. We've already gotten together 3 times. We are so excited to be up here together! :) She is a gift from God!


I have another good friend here named Mel. We get together almost every Wednesday. Her husband teaches at my favorite middle school here. Mel's husband, Jim, is a friend of Brandon's from the district. We got connected in June. She is also a blessing to me! Every Wednesday, we go for walks, visit at each other's houses or go to a coffee shop.


Brandon has finished his thesis! Hallelujah! He is going to present it to his professor and a masters class on Oct. 18th. We are so glad he's done. I'm really proud of his work. It's great! :)

A couple of weeks ago, we had a game night at Brianna's house (Brandon's sis). Mohit was out of the country on business. So, we went over and ate and played games. That was the first night I ever heard Brandon Ray call someone a name. He called our new friend Cory a "scum". I laughed and laughed. It still makes me laugh. :)


Every time we get together with friends, I make a homemade chocolate cake. They have been HEAVENLY! People are devouring the cakes. I am making another one tomorrow for Brandon's family.


The weather has gotten rainy, but on days when the sun shines, it's gorgeous! We've had low temps in the upper 40's and highs in the upper 50's. This is my first Fall in the Northwest. I've lived through all the other seasons here. I love Fall! It's my favorite. :)



My good friend, Debbie Hall, sent me a cardboard man named Flat Stanley this week. Her son has a school project that I'm helping him with. I have to take Flat Stanley places and document our travels with photos. It's fun! :)


I'm subbing, but not as much as I would like to. The kids really like it when they see me appear in their classrooms. :) I get some pretty hilarious reactions from them. They make me laugh. :)


I've been cooking a lot lately. I had to take a break for 2 weeks because our refrigerator broke. Don't get me started... Anyways, I'm glad to be cooking again.

Brandon and I made a pact with each other to start losing our "newlywed weight" that we've put on since April. We started walking together. We did it for about 2 weeks and then we got so busy in the evenings, we stopped. It's really hard to make it before dark because Brandon gets home from work so late. Don't know what we'll do when the time changes and it gets dark at 5:30 pm. I guess I'll have to walk without him. :(

I'm attaching a link below with October photos in it. It's a hodge-podge of pictures and places. Hope you enjoy them!

October 2011 Pics

1 comment:

Candice Craig said...

YAY for Brandie! She looks lik the same as she did 10 years ago!
Love ya BF!
See the new wedding pics on my blog???