Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Our first Christmas tree!!!


I have a new respect for my dad. Every year of my life, my dad put up the Christmas tree. He assembled it and fluffed the branches. Then, usually my mom and I would decorate it. I have discovered that fluffing the tree branches is the worst part of decorating a Christmas tree!

So... Brandon put the tree up for me last night and I was in charge of decorating. I made 8 bows to start with, which took some time. I THOUGHT I was going to decorate the tree last night, but I spent over an hour fluffing the branches and only made it around HALF of the tree. With the time I spent on the bows and fluffing the tree, it was time for bed!

So, tonight Brandon & I ate dinner and started watching "It's a Wonderful Life." Then I resumed my branch-fluffing and fluffed for probably 30-45 more minutes. Then I got to do the fun part...tree-decorating!

We haven't found a tree topper we like yet, so we're going to wait and hope for an after-Christmas sale. For now, I have a big red & gold bow at the top. The tree isn't exactly how i want it yet, but I know I have some more stuff to use in my Texas Christmas boxes in the garage. I haven't dug in those yet. I don't want to buy anything else this year.

We opted for the multi-color tree since we have (2)trees in the living room with white lights that we plug in year-round.


P.S. We got our 7.5 foot, pre-lit tree at Walmart for $98 bucks! Can't beat that with a stick! :-)

I added the tree pictures to my Christmas 2011 album. So, click on the link below and the pictures will be at the front. Enjoy!

Christmas 2011

No comments: