Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Been cookin'...

I have been cooking every day since Sunday. I cook a lot anyway, but I have cooked even more with Brandon being home sick from work. My poor baby...


Sunday evening, I made a Tex-Mex chili bake from my healthy cookbook. It's a variation of something I learned to make years ago. A wonderful lady named Connie Turner used to make it.



Monday night, I made cheddar baked tilapia, a recipe in the healthy cookbook. You take reduced fat, cheddar cheese crackers and crush them; add pepper. You dip the tilapia strips in Dijon mustard and roll them in the crackers. Bake them on a cookie sheet. They were really good. I'm not a "mustard girl", but it gave the fish a good flavor.

Yesterday, I used my awesome Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer that Brandon's good friends gave us as a wedding present. I love it!!! I made homemade chocolate chip cookies. They were deelish...


Today, I made some mini-cherry pies from the healthy cookbook. They are really good!


The picture in the recipe book showed little leaf-shaped pie crust thingies, but I had so much extra pie crust, I cut out flowers instead. I think they're cute!



The pies were glowing bright red in the oven. They looked like rubies!

No comments: